mold removal header
PuroClean modl removal Austin header

Mold Removal: In and around Austin TX

Austin mold removal

LOCATION ADDRESS:
3922-B Woodbury
Austin, TX 78704

512-568-3570 (Tell)

 

 

 

Mold Damage Removal in Austin TX

Okay, so you find yourself coughing or sneezing more often when you're at home. You just developed a rash on your skin that won't go away. Your eyes are perpetually watering. What could be the problem?

Well, you could have the flu or some other virus, or maybe you came into contact with something that you're allergic to that caused the skin reaction, or it may be allergy season and your body is just reacting accordingly. Then again, the problem may be found in your home itself. And that problem, my friends, is mold.

We know mold damage is the most common byproduct of water damage, usually appearing in as little as 48 hours and proving well nigh impossible to get rid of. Mold also brings with it a number of health problems, and the threat presented is based on the kind of mold you're dealing with.

With water and flood damage such a major problem in Austin TX, you know mold issues cannot be very far behind. Mold is the single most common and serious by product of water damage, usually appearing within a couple of days following a water damage event, spreading quickly, and proving itself extremely difficult to get rid of.

PuroClean Austin mold removal

 

While there are literally thousands of species of mold out there (nobody knows for sure just how many), mold can generally be broken down into three basic categories:

Allergenic mold: These molds are a mild threat to your health, causing what appear to be allergic reactions such as sneezing, watery eyes, stuffy nose, and itching.

Pathogenic mold: This type of mold produces infections and may threaten those with seriously suppressed or weakened immune systems. High exposure may cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis (an acute response to exposure to an organism).

Toxigenic mold: Mycotoxins can cause serious health problems for almost anybody, ranging from short term irritation to more serious neurological problems and respiratory issues.

Some of the long term symptoms resulting from mold exposure include chronic fatigue, headaches, fever, body aches, breathing problems, and in some cases, problems with the nervous system as evidenced by memory loss, speech problems, and even mood swings.

Who is the most at risk? Basically, anyone with a weakened or suppressed immune system. The elderly, children, babies, or those prone to asthma attacks or other respiratory problems. Long term exposure to mold may produce more serious side effects, including bleeding noses, diarrhea, weight loss, bronchitis, or sore throats. These are the result of exposure to mycotoxins, released by molds as a means of attacking other mold species and staking their territory. Micotoxins are simply a weapon molds use against other molds and us humans are not the intended target, we are mere casualties of war. Nevertheless, micotoxins are extremely dangerous when inhaled in large concentrations.

In some rare cases, mold exposure has been responsible for bleeding in the lungs, brain damage, and even death. As I said, rare cases, but the fact that it is possible at all should be ample motivation to get the mold problem in your home remediated as soon as possible. Mold also produces physiological and psychological effects such as insomnia and depression. If you are finding it difficult to sleep regularly or are feeling run down and sad, that may be reason enough to start looking for mold in your home.

Of course the best way to determine if your symptoms are mold related is to see your doctor. He can perform tests that will determine if this is an allergy, a regular illness, or the result of long term exposure to mold or mildew. Skin tests and blood tests are routinely used to determine if there are mycotoxins or other evidence of mold spores in your system.

Mold is found all the time in nature, acting as a natural recycling agent and breaking down dead organic materials from plants and animals. Encountered in such an environment, mold is usually harmless. It becomes a problem when it begins growing indoors, and the spores it produces are encountered and inhaled in large concentrations. Therefore it becomes important to deal with your mold problem as soon as you discover it.

A lot of people go to great lengths to have their homes tested for mold by means of a tape lift test. This isn't really necessary. A tape lift test pretty much just tells you what type of mold is growing on your wall. An air sample test is the only genuine way to go as it samples the air at a breathable level and will tell you how many and what types of spores you're breathing in. An air sample test will tell you if you have mold growing somewhere that you're unaware of. Typically if you can smell it then you have an active mold problem. In most cases, if you think you have mold, you probably do.

Unfortunately, too many people mistakenly believe that if the mold is removed or killed, then their problem is over. This is incorrect. Mold only occurs where conditions are ripe for it to establish and grow, namely in those areas where ventilation is poor and humidity and moisture levels are unusually high (say above 50%). If the mold is removed but the conditions remain the same, it is only a matter of time before the mold returns. And please understand that that's not to say that it wasn't removed properly in the first place. It's for this reason we always insist on a mold clearance test so we can show that the mold was gone, or at least less than the outdoors count, by the time we left.

The affected area must be properly treated in order to prevent the mold from returning. This includes not only the removal of the growth, but the cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing of the area, improving the ventilation, and using a dehumidifier to remove residual moisture from the air and bring humidity levels down to acceptable levels. Ideal humidity for any location should be no more than 40-45%.

It is just for this reason that professional mold remediation services are highly recommended. Your local Clean Trust certified provider will offer mold removal as one of their many services, and their technicians are highly trained and skilled in the procedures necessary to get the mold out of your home and make sure that it does not return. They offer same day service and a full guarantee. Call your local water restoration company to address your mold problems today.


Copyright 2011-2013. All rights reserved in all countries.
Reproduction of the material is prohibited without prior permission.

back button

© 2011-2013 PuroClean. All rights reserved